Thursday, May 28, 2009

To vote or not to vote in the EU?

UPI report that less than 50 per cent of electors are likely to vote in next weeks European elections. In France according to a separate Ipsos poll 60 per cent of voters express no interest so I will be reluctant to make my vote thus swelling the turnout figure. Anything which appears to give any form of legitimacy to the disgracefully anti-democratic organisation that is the EU must be absolutely avoided at all costs. The decision of Philippe de Villiers party MPF to become part of the EU supporting Libertas also removes the best chance of placing a vote against the whole concept of the EU. (Voting for the MPF would in any event have broken another of my objectives of refusing to cast a vote for a sitting MEP even though in the case of Phiippe de Villiers he held the distinction of having the worst attendance record of any MEP - a fine achievement!). Were I still in the UK, I believe a vote for UKIP would be better than an abstention although I would keep my options open if other small anti-EU parties such as Jury Team or the English Democrats appeared to be approaching an MEP breakthrough level in my particular region. (Voting for UKIP in the South East should ensure second-placed, fired ex-EU chief accountant Marta Andreasen a seat which will shake the corrupt institution to its very foundations!!!!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home