Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who are the villains?

I have finished Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I will leave this blog's readers with one last quote, from Part III, A is A, Chapter II, The Utopia of Greed:

"Oh yes, I would have killed-- but whom was there to kill? It was everyone and no one, there was no single enemy, no center and no villain, it was not the simpering social worker incapable of earning a penny or the thieving bureaucrat scared of his own shadow, it was the whole of the earth rolling into an obscenity of horror, pushed by the hand of every would-be decent man who believed that need is holier than ability and pity is holier than justice. But these were only occasional moments...."

Get the book, go Galt!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Me, myself and I said...

One of my favorite quotes from Atlas Shrugged. Written 54 years ago but couldn't be more about life today if it was written yesterday.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home