Monday, September 26, 2011

Alistair Darling - ever nearer the brink!

The former Chancellor of the Exchequer's book, which I am slowly making my way through, ludicrously titled "Back from the Brink" over which he nearly plunged us and towards which he propelled the country, with ever clearer and more obvious consequences, contains this mind-blowing admission, by Alistair Darling, on page 61 of the hard backed Atlantic Books edition:

Fred Goodwin's office had contacted me a few days earlier and said he'd like to meet up. Although it would mean not having my private secretary with me , I felt entirely relaxed about seeing him alone at home. I was also intrigued. I had seen other CEOs of the banks alone in the past - none of this was abnormal - but I knew that his asking to see me in private could only mean that he was worried about something.

Given all the subsequent events, the earlier description by Alistair Darling in the preceding paragraphs of the inadeqacy of the RBS Board, his own Constituency and family history connections with the Royal Bank of Scotland described by the author, surely there should now be some investigation underway by the Coalition Government of what actually occurred at, and following this extraordinary meeting?

Surely, given the scale of the horrendous losses to Britain's taxpayers as a result of Brown and Darling deciding to save this absolute disaster of a bank, something should be now be being done to bring some guilty parties to account!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home