Sunday, September 25, 2011

Treasures from the threads - Number 65 - EU rescue!

Writing on the new EU €1.75 trillion bailout reported in the Sunday Telegraph this morning, linked here, I found this comment most succinctly gets to the basics:



right_writes
Recommended by
7 people

What I don't understand is how these people can think they can defy everything that is known about effort and reward, profit and loss and pursuit of ideals without consequences.

If I decided that I wanted to build a swimming pool in my garden, I would have to ascertain whether I could afford the repayments on the loan that I would need. I would have to work out whether those payments would destroy my and my family's existing quality of life and calculate the resulting benefit.

It seems to me that the governments of the west (primarily those of the EU) are so hell-bent on pursuing their dream of statehood, that they are willing to destroy everything in their path to achieve it.

There is a very popular game called Monopoly... In the box is a set finite amount of cash, some of which is held by the bank, and some of which is shared out among the players. You win the game by making good decisions, you lose everything by making bad decisions. These are the simple realities of life that are completely lost on our politicians who produce nothing other than hot air, and expect a free ride off of the backs of everyone else.

Stoffel's comment further down the same thread regarding the same report also captures the essence of the crisis, it is linked from here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home